$Account.OrganizationName




ENews Jewels
March 2006 - Vol 2. Issue 3
istine,Photo of Christine

Have you ever had a business lunch with someone who just wouldn’t stop talking about themselves? Talk, talk, talk. They talk about their business, their plans, their questions and their needs. And when they do finally realize that you’re sitting on the other side of the table, they want to know what YOU think about THEM! Blah, blah, blah. How unbelievably selfish and one-sided can a person be?

You didn’t go to a business lunch with this person just to hear about them. You probably hoped to have an exchange, maybe even a conversation. I don’t care if they said they were treating you to lunch. You probably imagined that you would get some information for you too. Attending a 60 minute infomercial is not how you plan to or want to spend your time. It all comes down to the fact that in a conversation there’s an acceptable amount of time that a person can spend talking about themselves.

But how do speaking guidelines translate into rules for written marketing communications? Aren’t you supposed to be talking about your business and services in your E- Newsletter? Yes, but with some limitations. In an E- Newsletter, just like in a 1:1 conversation, there are reasonable amounts of time to devote to self- promotion. Your readers will only tolerate just so much blatant self-promotion. They are there for the lunch, the treat, and the information for them. They will not be patient when all you do is talk about yourself. They will stop reading. They will delete your emails. They want to know what’s in it for them. The advice that I give my clients is that your E-Newsletter should be 80% informational, inspirational, and educational. The other 20% can be promotional. The 20% can include information about seminars, products, personal speaking engagements and of course services. I encourage you to put the promo material at the end. People will get to it.

Be sensitive and respectful to your readers and they will reward you with their loyalty.




Sign Up
Quick Links


Free TeleClass

Telephone imageGet Started with
E- Newsletters
.

April 4, 2006
1st Tuesday of the Month
10-11 AM(est)

From the comfort of your office, join a collection of business owners and professionals who want to learn more about E-Newsletters.  Register



Bedford Flag
The  Working Women's Alliance is an extension of the Bedford Chamber of Commerce. The group's interesting, intelligent and vibrant women range from solopreneurs to successful contributors to a variety of local organizations and businesses. It provides unique networking opportunity for local business women.  We work together to support and promote each others businesses. Meetings include a featured speaker presentation and a 5 minute business spotlight. Chamber and non-chamber members are invited.  20-30 business owners regularly attend. Email me if you would like more information or to be added to the mailing list.

Meetings are 3rd Thursdays, 12-1, Bedford.

 All the best!

Signature



 Christine
 781-271-0398

 christine@christinepinney.com

This E-Newsletter is published monthly with tips and tricks on better email communication. We encourage you to forward this to your colleagues. Your feedback is important to us - we would love to address your questions and comments in future editions of this E-Newsletter.


 Click here to visit us on the web.
DeDear Christine,ar Christine,



Forward email


Christine Pinney Marketing | PO Box 736 | Bedford | MA | 01730